Toffee International Pty Limited ACN 113 258 352 ("Toffee", "we", "us" and "our")
Toffee respects your privacy. In the course of carrying out our functions, we collect personal information within the meaning of the Australian Privacy Act 1988 ("personal information"). Toffee is dedicated to ensuring the privacy of our customers and we have implemented stringent security measures and procedures for protection of Personal Information.
What kind of Personal Information Toffee collects and how it is collected
Toffee only collects Personal Information when it is necessary to do so to perform our functions and activities which are detailed generally on Toffee's website. This means that we collect information for purposes including:
- internal management and reporting requirements;
- the provision of our products and services; and
- communicating with our customers and supporters.
Toffee collects personal information from you in a variety of ways.
- when you request or acquire a product or service from Toffee or its related companies;
- when you provide a product or service to Toffee;
- when you complete a survey or questionnaire, enter a competition, or participate in forums initiated by Toffee; and
- when you communicate with Toffee by email, telephone or in writing (for example if you contact customer service or provide feedback).
Toffee will only collect personal information by lawful and fair means and not in an intrusive manner. Where it is reasonable and practicable to do so, Toffee endeavours to collect Personal Information about you directly from you. In some circumstances, however, Toffee may obtain your Personal Information from a third party, including from mailing lists and recruitment agencies. You generally have no obligation to provide Personal Information to us, however, if you choose not to provide information we need, we may not be able to provide you with a requested product or service.
How Toffee uses the information you provide
Toffee uses information we collect from you for purposes such as:
- providing you with products or services that you have requested;
- personalising and customising your experiences on the Toffee website, including saving shopping cart information;
- helping us manage and enhance our products and services;
- communicating with you;
- providing you with ongoing information about opportunities relating to Toffee in which we believe you may be interested; and
- providing you with the opportunity from time to time to receive emails and "e-newsletters" from us.
Toffee may also use your personal information for the purpose of sending you information about marketing functions and activities that Toffee considers will be useful to you unless you have requested not to receive such marketing offers or materials. If you do not wish to receive this information, you can let us know and we will not send it to you. This does not apply to information that we are legally required to send.
How does Toffee share the information it receives about me?
Generally, Toffee will only disclose your Personal Information if you consent to such disclosure or if such disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act 1988. You may give your consent expressly or it may be implied by your conduct.
Toffee may also provide your Personal Information to:
- third party external service providers engaged by Toffee to perform functions on its behalf, such as processing credit card information, order fulfillment (such as postal and courier services), mailouts, shipping, debt collection, marketing, research, advertising, legal, financial insurance or other services (on a confidential basis and such third parties will be limited in their use of your Personal Information to the purpose of Toffee's activities only);
- any other third parties authorised by you to receive information held by Toffee.
Toffee may at other times notify you about its disclosure practices in relation to specific services that it provides in relation to its activities
Toffee will not transfer your personal information outside Australia unless you consent to such a transfer and Toffee has satisfied itself that the recipient of the personal information will uphold principles for the handling of personal information which are similar to the National Privacy Principles.
As you browse Toffee, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partner, AdRoll, then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with Toffee. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number.
Updating or correcting personal information held about you
Toffee endeavours to ensure that the Personal Information it holds is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If your details change or you believe that any of the Personal Information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can contact us to rectify this.
Security of your personal information
Toffee takes all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from loss, unauthorised access, modification, disclosure or other misuse.
Seeking access to the personal information Toffee holds about you
You have the right to seek access to the personal information held about you and to advise Toffee of any inaccuracy. If you make an access request, Toffee will process your request within a reasonable time and ask you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. You will need to be able to verify your identity to obtain access to your Personal Information. Toffee may charge a reasonable administrative fee to cover the costs of meeting your request.
You should promptly notify Toffee if there are any changes to your Personal Information.